November 1, 2020, the 42 Gala ADISQ, hosted by Quebecois comedian and actor Louis-José Houde, took place. The event took place without an audience. However, the nominated artists and their groups were attending and socially distanced (following protocols). Louis-José Houde did an incredible job hosting this Gala, just like previous years.
Congratulations to all the artists who won!
-The opening act was incredible. There were six fantastic performances, and each one transition from one to the next smoothly.
- Cowboys Fringants – L’amérique qui Pleure (Intro to ADISQ 2020)
- 2frères – À Tous Les Vents
- Evelyne Brochu – Maintenant ou Jamais
- Naya Ali- Get it Right
- KNLO – Ça fait mal
- Bleu Jeans Bleu – King de la Danse en Ligne
– Louis-José Houde’s Monologue was funny and relatable because many of us are looking forward to the end of 2020 with the current pandemic.
– Louis-Jean Cormier performed Je Me Moi, a song from his latest album Quand La Nuit Tombe, wonderfully.
-Marie-Pier Arthur sang her latest hit Tiens-Toi Mon Coeur beautifully.
-Eli-Rose performed her recent single Carrousel magnificently.
–Marc Dupré gave an epic performance of his hit Rien ne se perd, from the album with the same name.
–Louis-José Houde’s Monologue with Ariane Moffatt, where they discuss quarantine, how they miss performing in front of an audience, etc.
-Anachid performing with Matt Holubowski & Flore Laurentienne together & separately
- Anachid (twice): La Lune and America
- Matt Holubowski: Moon rising
- Flore Laurentienne: Fleuve No. 1
-Isabelle Boulay and Pierre Lapointe pay a heartfelt tribute to three female legends of Quebec music Pauline Julien, Renée Claude, and Monique Leyrac.
- Mommy by Pauline Julien
- C’est Toute Une Musique by Monique Leyrac
- Un Gars Comme Toi by Renée Claude
- C’est le Début d’un Temps by Renée Claude
-Cowboys Fringants – L’amérique qui Pleure (reprise) after winning song of the year.
-Congratulations to these winners
- Cowboys Fringants for Group or Duo of the year
- Alexandra Stérilisky for Female Artist of the Year
- Émile Bilodeau for Male Artist of the Year
Once again, congratulations to all the winners of the 42nd Gala ADISQ.
Louis-José Houde’s closing speech was thoughtful and sweet. It’s a pleasure to watch him host ADISQ 2020.