The 55th ACM Awards took place in a different format due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Bravo to the crew of the ACM Awards for their creativity in organizing this event safely following the guidelines. Good job to Keith Urban for hosting this Awards show. The event took place at three different locations: the Grand Ole Opry, Bluebird Café, and the Ryman Auditorium.
- The opening performances by Luke Bryan, Eric Church, Luke Combs, Thomas Rhett, and then Carrie Underwood performed her 2005 hit Before He Cheats. Felt nostalgic when I heard the single again.
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton performed a romantic duet together singing Happy Anywhere.
- Carrie Underwood sang a beautiful tribute to female Country singers, including Dolly Parton and Reba McEntire, and honouring the 95th Anniversary of the Grand Ole Opry.
- Tenille Townes performed her incredible hit Somebody’s Daughter.
- Kane Brown gave an inspirational performance that encourages to unite and come together, especially during hard times.
- The tribute to Johnny Cash with a monologue of his and a performance by Eric Church was magnificent. A lovely way to honour a Country legend.
- Tim McGraw’s performance of his song Mama from his latest album Here on Earth was incredible.
- Break out star Mickey Guyton gave a fantastic performance of her song What Are You Gonna Tell Her with Keith Urban playing the piano.
- Keith Urban and Pink sang a wonderful duet of their single One Too Many.
- Trisha Underwood gave a magnificent performance during the In Memoriam segment.
- What an incredible moment! A tie for the Country Entertainer of the Year Award! Congratulations to Thomas Rhett and Carrie Underwood.
Once again, great job to Keith Urban for hosting the ACM Awards.
These awards brought lovers of Country music together, even from a distance in our homes and without an audience.
Congratulations to all the Winners!